Hi, first of all, thank you for visiting my website. My name is Brett Butler, a full-time specialist Wedding DJ and Musician. I live in Brighton with my wife and our 2 children.
I’ve worked in the entertainment industry since 1999. As well as DJ’ing all over the country I play bass guitar, produce Drum & Bass, House, and Dance music and run a record label, I’m also a club Promoter in Brighton.
I am a member of The National Association Of DJs – NADJ, I have attended Derek Pengelly courses on the Art of DJ’ing and being the perfect party host, and I attend DJ seminars, meetings and other events throughout the country. This keeps me up to date in everything disco. I have gained a lot of good DJ friends through NADJ and we help each other out when needed.
I have an absolute passion for music and love anything from classical to the latest dance tracks. I won’t bother going into how many genres of music I like as this would end up being a very long page! I’m just as happy playing something by the Small Faces as I am playing Drum n Bass, if it rocks, it rocks!
I am a total believer that the music should do the talking and I’m not a DJ that will give you Peter Kaye style – cheesy Phoenix Nights banter all night long, just the all important announcements and lots of great music. I’m really not afraid to play anything, I’ve played anything from Motown to Metal to Dubstep. If you want it, I’ll play it! There’s something for everyone, why settle for an average Wedding disco when you can have a real party!
Through the week you will find me visiting clients, chatting on the phone or the email months in advance to make sure we have everything right.
As I’ve already said on the Weddings page, I am very proud to announce that Hotsteppaz have been included in ‘Wedding Day Secrets’, a new book by Derek Pengelly. I can now offer this ebook to my clients free of charge.
I can honestly say that I absolutely love my job. I always use high quality equipment. For my disco I use Denon, Serato, Crown, Deltec, Asus, HP, QTX, ADJ, Sennheiser, Chauvet, Acme & Martin.
I have £10 million Public & Products Liability, and Employers insurance, and can provide this on request. Usually the venue would like to see these certificates. I pay tax on my business, and all of my equipment is PAT tested.
So why choose me? And what set’s me apart from other DJ’s?
There are a lot of people out there now with a set of speakers, an amp, a mixer, a laptop with downloads, even Ipods saying that they are a DJ’s.
I hope to show you what makes me different.
Combine my absolute passion for music and entertaining with everything I’ve added below, I have spent countless hours training, DJ’d at many Weddings, worked with bands, and am trusted at many venues across Sussex, Surrey, and Kent.
I am also very proud to say that I have been included in ‘Wedding Day Secrets’, a book by Derek Pengelly.
Don’t put one of the biggest days of your life in the hands of someone that doesn’t know what they’re doing.
- I am a Full-time Wedding DJ, I specialise in Wedding DJ’ing, and have trained, and attendended many DJ Courses and Workshops of some of the World’s leading experts
- Member of NADJ – The National Association of DJs and have lots of other like minded colleagues I work with
- As a member of NADJ I have a code of practice I must adhere to
- Trusted DJ for many venues across Sussex, Surrey, and Kent
- Backup for every part of my disco so in the rare event of equipment failure I can switch over and be up and running within minutes
- I listen to what you want
- No obligation meetings to discuss your event
- £10million PLI Insurance and all equipment PAT tested
- Wide range of legally bought music available
- I will go that extra mile for my clients
- Online Planner and Music Request System so you get to choose the music you, your family, and friends want to hear
- Personalised Service
- Elegant starlight DJ Booth
- I offer lot’s of other professional services, like Starlight Dancefloors, and Mood lighting hire
- If you book my services you will always get the full disco with lighting, and myself as your DJ
- High quality sound and lighting systems
- I love my job
- I offer you a Modern and Stylish Wedding Disco, as appearance is everything
- Every client has their booking secured in a legally binding agreement/contract.